Get creative with a dollar store paper cup and rope – make these DIY holiday jute rope bells to decorate for Christmas.
Make these high-end-looking farmhouse holiday bells from inexpensive dollar store supplies.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
It’s no lie that I’m pretty obsessed with the nautical rope from Dollar Tree. I have used it in SO many craft projects – I’ve made a door wreath, used it as a handle for a planter and a serving tray, I’ve used it to hang decorative signs, and I’ve even made arms on a snowman!
Jute rope is one of my most-used accents when crafting, maybe only second to black and white check ribbon!
But in this craft, I’m really letting the jute rope steal the show and shine all on its own.
I really am obsessed with how this craft turned out. Who would guess that under these cute Christmas bells lies…. a paper party cup?!?
Tutorial: How to Make Paper Cup and Jute Rope Bells
Follow this quick video, or read the step-by-step directions below:
- 2 paper party cups – Dollar Tree
- jute and metallic trim
- twine – Dollar Tree
- nautical jute rope – 3 packages, if buying from Dollar Tree
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- 0.98-inch/25mm gold jingle bell
- black and white check ribbon
- faux boxwood greenery
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- Use scissors to carefully poke a hole in the bottom of the paper cup.
- Trim away a small amount of the lip of the paper cup bottom - be careful to not cut too close, as this will cause the bottom of the cup to fall off.
- Cut a 2-foot length of jute and metallic trim. Fold it in half, and then run the two ends through the hole in the bottom of the paper cup. Tie in a knot - but before tightening the knot all the way, run a 1-foot length of twine through the knot. Pull the metallic trim hanger until the knot sits inside the cup against the cup bottom.
- Use hot glue to attach the jute rope to the cup bottom - in a coil pattern. Then work down the sides of the cup, hot gluing as you go. Be sure to keep the rows of rope tightly together, so the cup is completely covered.
- Tie the jingle bell to the twine in the cup - so that the bell hangs just below the rim.
- Embellish the top of the rope bell with faux boxwood greenery and a ribbon bow attached with hot glue.
- Repeat the process to make a second bell, but change up the length so the bells are staggered when hung.
My finished Christmas Rope Bells:
MORE DIY BELL CRAFTS:
- Add a unique touch to your holiday decor this winter with these super easy (and cute) Mini Plastic Cup Holiday Bells. You would never guess these mini bells are made from plastic shot cups.
More DIY Jute Rope Crafts:
- DIY Rope Curtain Tie Backs – an Easy Nautical Jute Rope Project
- How to make a Simple Poster Hanger with Rope
- Creative DIY Rope Crafts to Decorate Your Home
Don’t forget to PIN these Christmas jute rope bells for later:
More Dollar Store Holiday Crafts:
- Winter Pizza Pan Door Hanger
- DIY Large Dollar Store Ornaments – 3 Ways
- Christmas chalkboard cutting board
- DIY Jenga Christmas Ornaments – Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Craft
- 12 EASY Dollar Store Christmas DIYs
- DIY Fuzzy Winter Wreath – Made from a Dollar Store Mop Pad
- Faux Shiplap Christmas Sign – Dollar Store Reverse Canvas Craft
- Dollar Store Craft: DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes
- Christmas Countdown Clock Craft
- Santa Cookie Tray
Holiday Bell Crafts
Unique DIY bells are having a major crafting moment right now. Here are a few other DIY bell crafts that I’ve made: