Use dollar store supplies to make a snowy winter scene in these DIY mason jar snow globes. Follow this simple tutorial and learn how to make a dollar store snow globe jar. Perfect winter craft – Christmas decor project.
Raise your hand if you love shopping at the dollar store for seasonal craft and decor items. Then you’re in the right place. I love the dollar store so much, that I even decorated my entire Christmas tree (for under $30) from the dollar store.
Love the dollar store. Here’s plenty of dollar store crafting inspiration for you.
I was shopping at my local dollar store the other day, when I saw the perfect glass jars. I immediately knew what I had to make: snow globe jars.
P.S. – Do you like my Christmas pillow? Learn how to make one of your own with this tutorial for drop cloth and Sharpie pillow covers.
Supplies – everything came from the dollar store
- glass jars with lids
- fake snow
- faux green garland
- snowman ornaments
- hot glue
- white cardstock paper
- Christmas ribbon
VIDEO: How to make these DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes
You can watch this quick video tutorial below, or read the step-by-step instructions below:
- Cut a circle of cardstock paper – just smaller than the opening of the glass jar.
- Attach a snowman ornament with hot glue.
- Trim two pieces of garland into triangles, so that they resemble evergreen trees.
- Use hot glue to attach the two pieces of garland to the cardstock. You may need to prop op the garland while the hot glue dries.
- Fill in the spaces between the ornament garland pieces with fake snow.
- Add a little bit of fake snow to the bottom of the glass jar.
- Carefully place your winter scene into the glass jar.
- Use the blunt end of a pair of scissors to push down the fake snow.
- Add a lid and a decorative ribbon around the neck of the jar.
How cute are these little glass jar snow globes?!?!