Follow this tutorial for DIY wine glass bells. Use a few dollar store supplies to make high-end modern Christmas bells.
Grab a few plastic stemless wine glasses from the dollar store and transform them into modern holiday bell ornaments to decorate for Christmas.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
These elegant bells will add a touch of sophistication to your holiday decor and are easy to make with just a few materials.
Deck the Halls with Modern Holiday Bells! Your Guide to Creating Elegant Christmas Decorations
Are you ready to add a modern and sophisticated touch to your Christmas decorations? Look no further! In this exciting tutorial, I’ll show you how to craft stunning holiday bells using inexpensive plastic wine glasses, white spray paint, and a few other basic craft supplies that you probably already have on hand.
These unique ornaments will be the highlight of your holiday decor, and the best part? They’re incredibly easy to make!
Get ready to impress your guests and create a festive ambiance with these chic DIY holiday bells. Let’s get started!
How to Transform Plastic Stemless Wine Glasses into Modern Holiday Bells
This process is really quite simple. First, add a hanger:
Then spray paint everything matte white:
Video Tutorial: DIY Modern Christmas Bells
Watch this quick video tutorial to see how this craft came together:
- 3 plastic stemless wine glasses, from the dollar store
- rubbing alcohol and cotton round
- white spray paint, matte
- wooden rings
- wooden dowel
- E6000 glue
- miter shears
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- Clean the wine glasses really well with rubbing alcohol (or hot soapy water). Let dry.
- Use miter shears to cut a wood ring in half. Apply a small dab of E6000 glue and hot glue to each cut end of the half-ring. Set the half-ring on the bottom of the wine glass. Repeat on two more glasses.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray paint the bells. Hold the spray paint can about 6-8 inches away from the wine glass, and apply an even coat of paint to outer surfaces of the wine glass. Use smooth, continuous strokes to achieve the best results. Apply multiple thin coats rather than a single thick coat to prevent drips and achieve an even finish. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next. Let dry completely.
- Cut a length of dowel, so that it hangs out of the wine glass by about 1/2-inch. Tie a piece of twine around one end of a dowel, and secure the knot with hot glue. Triple-knot the other end of the twine.
- Add a dab of hot glue inside the bottom of wine glass. Set the triple-knotted twine end onto the hot glue, and press down with the end of a pair of scissors.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 on the other two glasses.
- Hang each bell with a piece of twine, all at varying lengths.
If you want to hang these on a Christmas tree, I like the way they look in groups of three.
If you want to hang from the corner of a bookshelf, cabinet, railing, or mantel, you could make a set of 5 bells and hang them all at varying lengths.
The finished project: DIY modern white hanging Christmas bells
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can create stylish and modern holiday bells to adorn your home during the Christmas season.
This DIY project is a fantastic way to personalize your holiday decor and impress your guests with your creative touch. Happy crafting and happy holidays!
Don’t forget to PIN these modern DIY bells for later:
Neutral Christmas Tree Decorating
These bells were part of a larger project, where I decorated a Christmas tree in the corner of our dining room. I shared the process, from start to finish, in this video:
Holiday Bell Crafts
Unique DIY bells are having a major crafting moment right now. Here are a few other DIY bell crafts that I’ve made: