Grab a metal pizza pan and transform it into a Christmas countdown clock craft. A fun dollar store craft to help prepare for Christmas!
Christmas Countdown Clock Craft
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
A note from Aimee: This blog post first appeared on The Crazy Craft Lady in October 2019. It has since been updated to bring you the best, most current creative content.
The next time you’re at Dollar Tree, be sure to pick up a pizza pan. And no, it’s not for family pizza night. It’s for a Christmas craft!
Watch this quick video tutorial to see how this craft came together:
- 1 pizza pan
- white spray primer
- wood pattern peel and stick wallpaper (from the dollar store), or other contact paper
- black adhesive vinyl
- 1 popsicle wooden craft stick
- bronze metallic paint
- 1 small magnet
- faux greenery garland
- E6000 glue
- Cricut machine, cutting mat, and tools
- heavy duty craft scissors
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- small paint brush
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray the rim on the back of the pizza pan with white spray primer. Let dry.
- With the paper backing still on, lay the peel-and-stick wallpaper over the back of the pizza pan. Use your fingers to press the paper over the edge of the back of the pizza pan. Follow that fold line to cut a circle of paper that is about 1/2-inch larger than the pizza pan back. Peel of the paper backing, and smooth the wallpaper over the back of the pizza pan.
- Cut small slits in the edge of the paper, so it can easily be smoothed onto the pizza pan rim.
- If your wallpaper or contact paper is narrower than the pizza pan back, cut a semi-circle and apply that to the pizza pan as well.
- Cut the Christmas countdown design onto black adhesive vinyl. Weed the design and use transfer tape to apply the cut vinyl on top of the wallpaper.
- Us a combination of E6000 glue and hot glue to add faux greenery around the pizza pan edge.
- Use heavy duty craft scissors to cut a wooden popsicle stick into an arrow shape.
- Paint the popsicle stick with brass paint, and let dry.
- Hot glue a small magnet to the back of the popsicle stick, and set it in place on the clock face.
A Pizza Pan Christmas Countdown Clock
Don’t forget to PIN this Christmas craft for later:
My Original Pizza Pan Christmas Countdown Clock
When I first made this craft back in 2019, I used chalk paint instead of peel-and-stick wallpaper and my Cricut. Here is the original blog post from back then:
There are so many adorable Christmas countdown clocks out there… but why not make one yourself?
I grabbed a metal pizza pan from my local dollar store – but feel free to upcycle something from the thrift store or grab something from your favorite Walmart or Target. You can even order one online.
P.S. want to see what I made with that rectangular cookie sheet? Check it out here!
Just spray with a coat of white primer, then go to town with your favorite chalk paint.
Supplies Needed for this Christmas craft:
- metal pizza tray
- spray primer
- chalk paint – green & red
- craft paint – white
- fine-tip paintbrush
- craft stick (large popsicle stick) & scissors
- adhesive magnetic tape or small magnets
- clear satin spray paint
- countdown to Christmas template
Video Tutorial – Christmas Countdown Craft
Just watch this quick tutorial below to make this countdown clock: