Grab a plain old pizza pan and a decorative placemat to make a cute and creative pizza pan door hanger craft. An easy dollar store DIY decor project.
Whip up this farmhouse-style door hanger with just a few dollar store supplies.
Hey there, crafty friends. I’ve got another dollar store craft for you.
Dollar tree usually has a cute selection of placemats, with different patterns and sayings. So, I decided to use a placemat inside this door hanger.
Video Tutorial – DIY Dollar Store Pizza Pan Door Hanger
Just watch this video to see how I made this door hanger – or you can watch it on YouTube.
Supplies – Making a Door Hanger from a Pizza Pan
- dollar store pizza pan
- spray primer or white spray paint
- decorative placemat – from the dollar store
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- nautical rope – from the dollar store
- lambs ear greenery – I buy mine at Wal Mart
- burlap ribbon – from the dollar store
How to Turn a Dollar Store Pizza Pan into a Decorative Door or Wall Hanger
Here’s a quick video transcript:
It was time to get creative with this pizza pan. For starters, I gave the pizza pan a coat with spray primer.
The dollar store has a selection of really cute placemats and some of them have fun sayings on them. So I grabbed this placemat that says “our nest is best”. I traced the pizza pan onto the back of the placemat, and then I cut the placement down to size. Then I simply secured the placement to the pizza pan using hot glue.
Then I grabbed more of that nautical rope from the dollar store and I used that to cover the seam between the edge of the cut placemat and the pizza pan. Be sure to use plenty of hot glue and make sure the seam between rope ends is at the bottom of the door hanger. This way it can be covered up later.
Then I grabbed a small sprig of Lambs Ear that I purchased at WalMart. I cut off all of the ends and made a little bunch with leaves on either end. Then I grabbed some dollar store burlap ribbon to secure all of the stems together with hot glue.
To make a bow, I just form the ribbon into a figure-8. Then I secured the center of the bow with a small piece of ribbon and hot glue. After attaching the leaves and ribbon to the door hanger, I also added a hanger with nautical rope and hot glue.
So with a few dollars worth of supplies, I had a cute little door or wall hanger.
Don’t forget to pin this dollar store craft for later:
- Dollar store pizza pan
- Spray primer or white spray paint
- Decorative placemat – from the dollar store
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Nautical rope – from the dollar store
- Lambs ear greenery – I buy mine at WalMart
- Burlap ribbon – from the Dollar Store
- Give the pizza pan a coat with spray primer.
- Trace the pizza pan onto the back of the placemat, and then cut the placement down to size. Secured the placement to the pizza pan using hot glue.
- Use the jute rope to cover the seam between the edge of the cut placemat and the pizza pan. Be sure to use plenty of hot glue and make sure the seam between rope ends is at the bottom of the door hanger. This way it can be covered up later.
- Cut off all of the ends of a small greenery sprig and make a little bunch with leaves on either end. Secure in the middle with ribbon and hot glue.
- To make a bow, form the ribbon into a figure-8. Then secure the center of the bow with a small piece of ribbon and hot glue. Attach the greenery and bow at the bottom of the door hanger.
- Add a hanger by hot glueing jute rope to the back of the pizza pan.
More Dollar Tree DIY Farmhouse Decor:
- Thrifty Genius! Dollar Tree Farmhouse Decor Ideas and DIYs
- DIY Framed Placemat – Dollar Store Wall Decor
- Who knew!? Dollar Store Laundry Basket DIYs and Hacks
- Dollar Store Tray DIYs, plastic serving platter transformations
- Dollar Store Cutting Board Crafts
- Fabric Covered Books, Make a Neutral Color-Coordinated Book Stack
- Dollar Store Baking Sheet Shiplap Serving Tray