Grab a plastic placemat and picture frame from the dollar store and make this beautiful farmhouse-style framed placemat. You won’t believe this DIY wall decor came from the Dollar Tree!
Dollar store placemat used for farmhouse wall decor.
Have you ever noticed that the dollar store has some really cute placemats? It would be a total shame not to put at least one to use for more than sitting on your table. When I saw this cute “home sweet home” placemat at my local Dollar Tree, I just knew that this was a craft project waiting to happen.
DIY Framed Placemat – Dollar Tree Wall Decor
Just watch this quick video tutorial to see how I made this craft:
- gold 8×10 picture frame
- gray chalk paint and brush
- permanent marker
- burlap ribbon
- faux lamb’s ear greenery
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
Step-by-Step Placemat Wall Decor Tutorial:
- Trim your placemat down to size, centered, so that it fits inside your picture frame.
- Paint the gold picture frame with gray chalk paint, then wipe away any excess paint. This will take the sheen off the gold, giving it a more rustic look.
- Pup the placemat into the frame, securing the back.
- Tie together two small sprigs of lamb’s ear greenery with a thin burlap ribbon bow. Secure the greenery and ribbon to the bottom of the placemat with hot glue.
Remember to PIN this Dollar Store Craft for Later:
More Dollar Store Crafts: