Who would have thought you could craft with basic kitchen items? Check out these surprising dollar store cutting board crafts that are totally genius.
Crafting with Dollar Store Cutting Boards
If you haven’t taken a stroll down the kitchen aisle at the Dollar Tree lately, you’re seriously missing out!
My local Dollar Tree always has these little cutting boards in stock. And while I’m sure they’re fine for chopping and meal prep, I would much rather craft with them.
Here are some dollar store craft ideas using cutting boards that I think you’ll enjoy:
Dollar Store Cutting Board Crafts
What a difference s couple coats of chalkboard paint can make! I made this chalkboard cutting board craft for Christmas, but you could easily add any message for any holiday or season you like. That’s why chalkboard crafts are so fun.
Watch the video below to see how I whipped up THREE Christmas crafts using kitchen items from Dollar Tree:
2. Multipurpose Storage Caddy
3. Another Storage Caddy
4. Christmas Recipe Board
Grab this free printable here.
5. Wood Crate Decor
Grab a cutting board and a Dollar Tree mini wooden crate (you can find them in the crafting aisle) and whip up this cute little decor piece. Watch the video below to see how this craft came together:
6. Faux Antique Wood Finish
This transformation from Boxwood and Spruce is gorgeous!
7. Tablet Holder
This tutorial uses a small wooden cutting board, but you could easily make it with a plastic one.
8. DIY Picture Hanger
This tutorial also shares a faux wood finish, but turns the cutting boards into picture hangers instead.
9. Lemon Dollar Store Cutting Board Craft
This lemon dollar store craft from DIY with Amber would make a fantastic touch to any kitchen or dining room for spring and summer.
10. Make a Cute Chalkboard Menu Board
This craft is similar to my Christmas one above. Since it uses chalkboard paint, you can write on the surface. This time, though, you can write your weekly meal plan and display it in your kitchen.
11. Make a Cutting Board Photo Holder
Display a favorite family photo or even a recipe card on this cutting board-turned-photo display board. Such a cute and creative DIY.
12. Dollar Store S’mores Tote
This dollar store craft definitely wins the award for most functional and practical craft of the bunch. Grab a couple cutting boards and a small wood crate from the Dollar Tree to make this adorable s’mores tote to store your summer campfire essentials.
MORE Dollar Tree Crafts:
- These decorative pizza pan crafts are pure GENIUS! Transform a Dollar Store pizza pan or an old baking tray into something unexpected.
- Using a few simple craft supplies, you can transform a Dollar Store cookie sheet or an old baking tray into creative home decor pieces.
- Who would have thought you could craft with basic kitchen items like dollar store placemats? Check out these surprising DIY placemat crafts that are totally genius.