Gather a few simple craft supplies and make this dollar store patriotic wreath, perfect for summer decorating – from Memorial Day, to Flag Day, to the 4th of July – and beyond.
Make a red, white, and blue patriotic wreath from dollar store supplies to decorate for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.
You all know by now that Dollar Store Wreaths are some of my absolute favorite crafts to make. I recently grabbed a few supplies at my local dollar store and whipped up this little patriotic wreath for summer. Watch the video below to see how I made it.
Dollar Store Patriotic Wreath
Dollar Store Supplies:
** Unless noted below, all of the supplies for this project came from the dollar store.**
- wreath form
- red, white, and blue floral stems
- patriotic bow
- jute rope
- wire cutter and scissors
- blue and white acrylic craft paint *from the craft store
- paint brushes *from the craft store
Watch this quick video below to see a quick walk-through of making this wreath (with full written instructions below):
Here’s how to make this red, white, and blue dollar store wreath:
- Using acrylic craft paint, carefully paint a few of the wreath form sections blue and white. Let the paint dry completely.
- Next, wrap the wreath form in rope. Secure the ends of the rope with tape, so the ends don’t fray.
- Using wire cutters, separate the individual sprigs of the floral stems.
- Tuck the sprigs into the wreath form, along the bottom and left-hand side.
- Once all of the floral stems are in place, flip the wreath over and carefully bend back the ends of the green stems with a wire cutter. This way the ends of the stems are hidden.
- Secure the bow at the bottom of the wreath with a tie or piece of string.
- Hang your patriotic wreath, and enjoy!
Here are a few more patriotic crafts I think you’ll LOVE: