Easily add to your Valentine’s day decorations with these DIY Valentines Garland ideas. Whether you’re decorating for a party or to create a romantic atmosphere, these adorable heart garland craft tutorials are sure to inspire you to create decor you’ll love.
No sewing machine or crazy craft skills are required to make these DIY garland projects. You’ll most likely have everything on the supply list in your craft stash!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Where do I find the supplies for these DIY projects?
You can find a variety of Valentine-themed supplies from the Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Joanns, or online on Amazon. Some of the supplies you may already have on hand, which would cut out any extra cost. Think construction paper, scrapbook paper, paper hearts in different colors, pom poms, and paper heart doilies. Not to mention, each idea below comes with a materials list.
Keep reading to see how fun and simple it is to make your own DIY Valentine’s Day decoration!
Learn how to make Valentine’s Day garland the easy way!
This DIY Felt Valentine Garland is super easy to make. At first, it looks like you’ll need to get out your sewing machine out, but you actually use glue, felt pieces, and polyfill stuffing. You can also add some felt balls for to finish off the look.
DIY Heart Garland
Although most of the garland ideas I rounded up feature hearts, these are ones that feature heart decoration only.
1. Conversation Heart Garland
Source: Conversation Heart Garland by Clarks Condensed
Create your own “life-size” conversation hearts and turn them into a colorful banner for your mantel space.
2. Twine Wrapped Heart Garland
Source: Twine Wrapped Heart Garland by West Magnolia Charm
This twine-wrapped heart garland is perfect if you’re looking for decor to match a farmhouse theme. It can also stay up long after Valentine’s Day!
3. Vintage Heart Garland
Source: Vintage Heart Garland by My Tuesday Therapy
Using old hymnal pages, book pages, and the like is a quick way to add a vintage look to your Valentine decor. These are cut and assembled onto a piece of yarn for a raindrop-style finished look.
4. Braided Yarn Heart Garland
Source: Braided Yarn Heart Garland by A Wonderful Thought
Don’t worry if you haven’t crocheted or knitted before. You’ll find a step-by-step tutorial that will walk you through creating this beautifully braided yarn heart garland.
Valentine Garland Made with Different Materials
Think felt balls, pom poms, and tassels.
1. Valentine Felt Ball Garland
Source: Valentine Felt Ball Garland by Joyful Derivatives
A combination of felt balls and hearts come together to create a pink and white garland that would be perfect for a party backdrop or to decorate your fireplace mantel.
2. Heart and Pom Pom Garland
Source: Heart and Pom Pom Garland by First Day of Home
Learn how to make big stitches to create a beautiful set of hearts that will be paired together with pom poms for a heart and pom pom garland you’ll love.
3. Valentine Rag Garland
Source: Valentine Rag Garland by My Tuesday Therapy
If you have leftover Valentine-themed ribbons and rags, don’t throw them away. Instead, tie them together onto a piece of twine (or string) to create a cute rag garland.
4. Clay Heart Garland
Source: Clay Heart Garland by Life on Summerhill
Making clay hearts is a project you can do with your kids in tow. You can choose to keep the hearts neutral colored or paint them.
5. Valentine Tassel Garland
Source: Valentine Tassel Garland by Sweet Rose and Wren
This Valentine tassel garland adds an amazing farmhouse feel and touch to your home. It’s put together with wood beads and a gold and white beaded garland for a trifecta look.
6. Fabric Heart Garland
Source: Fabric Heart Garland by Cutesy Crafts
This garland is so easy to make. All you need are swatches of fabric in different Valentine patterns. They’ll be cut out with pattern scissors before being fed onto a red rope.
More DIY Valentines Garland Ideas
These Valentine’s banners and garland are just as unique as they are cute!
1. Love Letter Garland
Source: Love Letter Garland by Mikyla Creates
How cute are these mini love letters? And the cool thing about them is they are made with felt! They are “sealed” over the black and white rope for a cute finished look.
2. Glittery & Graphic Heart Garland
Source: Glittery & Graphic Heart Garland by I Should be Mopping the Floor
Make a bold statement of love by making a glittery and graphic heart garland. This is perfect for a Galentine party.
3. Gift Bag Heart Garland
Source: Gift Bag Heart Garland by The Crazy Craft Lady
Instead of tossing your gift bags, turn them into a gift bag heart garland. This is an inexpensive refurb craft. And if you don’t have any gift bags on hand, you can find them at Dollar Tree.
4. Valentine Garland Paper Craft
Source: Valentine Garland Paper Craft by The Crazy Craft Lady
Looking for another craft you can make with kids? This Valentine garland paper craft is the one to try!
5. Tassels & Hearts Garland
Source: Tassels & Hearts Garland by Hometalk
This unique DIY heart garland features a row of tassels, wood beads, and hearts facing sideways, all connected to make a triple Valentine garland.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THESE DIY VALENTINES GARLAND IDEAS FOR LATER:
MORE VALENTINE CRAFT IDEAS
- If you’re looking for a unique way to make Valentine’s gifts this year, Get Crafty with these DIY Cricut Valentine Gift Ideas. All you need is your Cricut machine and these ideas to get inspired to make some awesome homemade gifts.
- Use these Loads of FREE Valentine Printables to decorate for a Valentine’s party, use them as decor, or even turn some of them into unique gift ideas.
- Here’s a fun activity for kids of all ages – Watercolor Valentine Cards! Once they are made, you can use them as decor or pass them out to your kids’ teachers, friends, and family members.
MORE VALENTINE CRAFTS TO TRY
- Turn these FREE Valentine Printables into gifts you can give to others. There are lots of unique designs to choose from.
- Make your own gorgeous Valentine’s Day decor with these 23 DIY heart decorations.
- How to make a beautiful wood shim wreath – paint inexpensive wood shims to make a fun and colorful wreath for Valentine’s Day or spring.
- These watercolor Valentine cards are a simple and fun Valentine’s Day craft for both kids and adults. Paint over white paper, then watch your Valentine words and images “magically” appear!
- Show a little love in your home with this easy and colorful DIY Heart Garland for Valentine’s Day.
DOLLAR STORE VALENTINE CRAFTS
- These Dollar Store Valentine Wreath Ideas will help you decorate for the season of love in no time. An added bonus is they don’t cost a lot of money since everything you need can be found at the Dollar Store!
- Grab a Dollar Tree wire heart wreath form and come craft with me and I make heart wreaths in three different styles – snowy white, farmhouse black and white, and springy floral.
- Make a simple DIY Valentine banner using dollar store gift bags and twine.
- Grab a Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower game, and make these adorable farmhouse style Jenga Valentine Ornaments in two different styles.
- Let’s make a super cute DIY Valentine heart topiary – in TWO different styles – using supplies from the dollar store.
VALENTINE GIFT IDEAS
- Take the guesswork out of what to give the grandparents in your life for Valentine’s Day. These Handmade Grandparent Valentines Gifts are crafts children of all ages will enjoy making and gifting.
- Grab your Cricut machine and get ready to make some of these cute Cricut Valentine Gift Ideas.
- If you’re looking for Teacher Valentine Gifts that you and your kids can make yourself, I’ve got you covered.
- Grab some felt envelopes and iron-on vinyl to create personalized Valentine pouches in just a few minutes!