Make a simple DIY Valentine banner using dollar store gift bags and twine. Make this dollar store Valentine’s Day craft to decorate your mantel or bookshelf.
I am a HUGE fan of dollar store gift bags. They’re my go-to craft supply at Christmas time, and now I’m giving Valentine gift bag crafting a try. This DIY garland came together in just a few minutes, and looks fantastic above my living room mantel.
Related: Get ready for Valentine’s Day with these 6 simple and inspiring Dollar Store Valentine Crafts!
- 6 mini dollar store gift bags (they usually cost 3 for $1)
- hole punch
- twine (also from the dollar store)
Video Tutorial: Make a Valentine Banner from Dollar Store Gift Bags
Here’s you step-by-step breakdown:
- Cut apart the gift bags along the fold lines, keeping the front and back segment of each bag.
- Remove the gift bag handles. Be careful, making sure you don’t rip or bend the paper.
- Cut a stiangle out of the bottom of each gift bag segment.
- Punch two holes in the top corners of each gift bag segment.
- String the gift bag segments together using twine, tying a knot between each segment.