With a quick trip to the Target Dollar Spot and your die cutting machine or purchased iron-on you can create personalized Valentine pouches in just a few minutes!
Hey fellow crazy craft ladies! I’m Beth Kingston from Kingston Crafts and I am thrilled to be joining Aimee and the team as a monthly contributor. I am a Craft Expert on the Home Shopping Network, proud military wife, “mom” to two great danes, DIYer, lover of wine, and the luckiest girl in the world to be able to play with paper and glue for a living. So happy to be here!
PERSONALIZED VALENTINE POUCH FROM THE TARGET DOLLAR SPOT
I love personalized gifts but don’t always have the time to start from scratch. When I saw these fun felt envelopes from the Target Dollar Spot I knew they were the perfect fit to create personalized Valentine pouches and fill with goodies. A little something special for the special little people in my life!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
TUTORIAL: HOW TO MAKE PERSONALIZED VALENTINE POUCHES
- If you’ve got a die cutting machine, create your own custom iron-on. Don’t have a die cutting machine? There are lots of great pre-made iron-on words and images available in stores and online.
- Open the felt envelopes and lay them flat on your work surface. If desired, put a small towel inside the envelope to act as a cushion when ironing.
- Use an iron/heat press/EasyPress to apply the iron-on to the envelope. I applied iron on to both the front and the back of both envelopes.
- Give the iron-on a few moments to cool, then peel off the backing. Remember to peel slowly and check to make sure your iron-on has adhered to the felt. If not – lay the backing down and try another 15-20 seconds with your iron/EasyPress.
- Fill with goodies and enjoy!
These Valentine pouches are sturdy enough to be used year after year. What a great tradition to start with your little ones, or how about a fun gift idea for a teacher? So many possibilities.
If you love iron-on then take a peek at these other fun ideas. Iron-on is such an easy material to use, comes in a variety of colors and textures, and allows you to customize almost any item or add a little “bling” to your projects.