Make your own gorgeous Valentine’s Day decor with these 23 DIY heart decorations. These awesome Valentine tutorials provide plenty of decor inspiration.
Let’s make some heart-themed Valentine’s Day Decorations
I searched Pinterest to round-up my absolute favorite DIY heart decorations – for Valentine’s Day or any day. Continue reading below for tons of heart craft inspiration.
DIY Heart Decorations
1. 3 Different Valentine’s Day Wreaths
Starting with dollar store heart wreath frames, I made heart wreaths in three VERY different decor styles.
Watch the video above to see how I made these three wreaths. Or click here to read the heart wreath tutorial.
2. Yarn Heart Garland with Pom Poms
source: Farmhouse Yarn Heart Garland from Refresh Living
Cut some hearts out of cardboard and wrap them in yarn, and you’re in business. Feel free to use any color yarn you like.
3. Paper Doily Garland
source: Valentine’s Day Doily Garland from Ella Claire
Sometimes the best projects are the most simple ones. Grab a pack of paper doilies and a roll of twine to whip up this pretty heart garland.
4. Embroidery Hoop Wall Hangings with Fabric and Felt
source: Valentine embroidery hoop wall hangings from Mod Podge Rocks
5. White Rose Heart Wreath
source: White Rose Valentine Heart Wreath from It All Started With Paint
Grab some silk roses from the dollar store or craft store and whip up this wreath in no time flat. If white isn’t your thing, feel free to play around with different colors of roses.
6. Valentines Decoration: Felt Heart Garland
source: Felt Heart Garland from Hello Central Avenue for The Crazy Craft Lady
7. Rolled Book Page Heart Canvas Art
source: Rolled Book Page Heart Art from Twelve on Main
Grab an old, damaged book and a canvas to whip up this little heart craft. Perfect to add a little extra something to a shelf or mantel.
8. White Heart Wreath… Made from Trash Bags!!
source: Valentine Wreath Made with Trash Bags from Three Little Greenwoods
I never in a million years would have guessed that this wreath is made from, wait for it…. trash bags! I’ve gotten creative with upcycle projects and unconventional craft supplies, but trash bags are a new one even for me.
9. Upcycle Project: Book Page Heart Garland
source: Quick Valentines Heart Garland From Books from Twelve on Main
10. Twine Wrapped Heart Wreath
source: Valentine Twine Wrapped Heart Wreath from Little Red Window
Twine and heart wreath forms can easily be found at the dollar tree or dollar store, making this a totally budget-friendly Valentine’s Day craft.
11. Easy Heart Vases: Mason Jars with Doilies
source: Doilies & Heart Jars from crescendoh
Save those glass jars! You may just need them for your next craft project. All you need is paper doilies, yarn, and red felt.
12. Kraft Paper Roll Wall Art
source: 3-D Heart Wall Art from The Organized Mama
I LOVE making projects with kraft paper. It’s just such a versatile craft supply, that can be customized in SO many ways. So, grab a roll and a Sharpie marker, and get making.
13. Cute Mantel Decor: Button Heart Craft
source: Valentine’s Day Button Heart from Eighteen25
14. Paper Heart Garland
source: Paper Heart Garland from The Crazy Craft Lady
Dig into that scrapbook paper stash and whip up this quick paper craft in no time flat.
15. Pretty Painted Mason Jars
source: Painted Valentine Heart Jars from Mason Jar Crafts Love
It’s not a roundup craft post if I don’t share at least one mason jar craft, right?
16. Tissue Paper Flower Heart Wreath
source: Tissue Paper Flower Heart Wreath from It All Started with Paint
Paper flowers are super trendy, and for good reason. They will never wilt, so you can display this wreath year after year.
17. Yarn-Wrapped Heart
source: Yarn Wrapped Heart from Ribbons and Glue
Dig into your yarn stash, and get crafting. This little heart wreath would be the perfect craft to make with the kids this February.
18. Slatted Wood Heart Art
source: Mini Pallet Valentine Sign from DIY Beautify
I love crafts that have been inspired by the shiplap trend – like this little slatted sign. Paint the back side to make reversible decor.
19. Wine Cork Heart Craft
source: Wine Cork Valentine Heart Decor from Trish Sutton
I’ve got a wine night craft idea for you – save up those corks and make a cute door hanger.
20. Framed Button Heart
source: Framed Button Heart for Valentine’s Day from Hymns and Verses
Pull out that tin of extra buttons gathering dust, and put them to use. This framed heart could even stay up year-round.
21. Cupid Felt Arrow Centerpiece
source: Cupid Valentine Arrow from Craft Warehouse
Head to your yard and grab a couple of tree branches to make this simple felt craft.
22. DIY Heart Candles
source: Heart Embed Candles from Candle Science
Ok, this candle project is seriously impressive. I could see my kids loving getting their hands on melted wax (with adult supervision, of course).
23. Glitter Votive Candle Holders
source: Valentine Glitter Votives from Mason Jar Crafts Love
I’m not normally the biggest fan of glitter, but these votive candle holders may make me re-evaluate my stance. Plus – with short dark February days, this is a practical craft as well.
Don’t forget to PIN these Heart Crafts for Later:
Here are a few more Valentine’s Day crafts you may enjoy:
- Give your front door a new look with these adorable Dollar Store Valentine Wreaths
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank. I’ve gathered my favorite Dollar Store Valentine Crafts for to inspire your crafting.
- Crafting inspiration comes in the most surprising places, like from gift bags! Make this cute Valentine’s Day Banner... made from paper gift bags.
- This FREE Floral Valentine Printable Pack is perfect for your holiday decor and gallery walls. These pretty floral Valentine printables feel just a bit like spring.
- From t-shirts to mugs, and sweet projects galore, get crafty with your Cricut for Valentine’s Day with these 14 FREE Valentine cut files.
- Get the kids crafting, and make a sweet gift for Grandma and Grandpa – here are handmade Valentine’s Day gift ideas for grandparents
More Heart Crafts from the Blog:
- Grab a couple of Dollar Store gift bags and picture frames to make adorable Valentine’s Day home decor. Follow this tutorial to make Framed Valentine Gift Bags.
- Create a wood block heart craft with just a few simple supplies from the Dollar Store. Fun for a tiered tray, teacher gift, or even a coaster!
- Grab a wooden heart plaque from the dollar store and get crafting. This Buffalo Check Valentine Door Hanger will greet all your Valentine’s guests in style!