Grab your Cricut machine and get ready to make some cute paper crafts with these Cricut Valentine Card Ideas. This post is packed with the best handmade gifts that can be used as classroom Valentines, card gifts for your best friend, or special Valentine cards for your loved ones.
ANYONE CAN MAKE THESE FUN DIY VALENTINES … EVEN IF YOU’RE USING YOUR CRICUT FOR THE FIRST TIME.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Create craft love using your Cricut maker and the step-by-step instructions below.
WITH MANY CARD DESIGNS TO CHOOSE FROM, YOU’LL HAVE NO PROBLEMS PICKING ONE OF THESE CRICUT VALENTINE CARD IDEAS TO MAKE.
Handmade valentines are so much fun to make. And if you have a Cricut machine, then I’m sure you already know how fun any Cricut project can be. From jar labels to coasters, you can make just about anything with your Cricut!
You can even get your little kids involved to help make messages of love to spread to all those you care about.
DO I NEED ANY CRAFTING SKILLS TO MAKE THESE DIY VALENTINE’S DAY PROJECTS?
Absolutely not! Making your own Cricut Valentine cards is actually fairly easy. Most card designs come with a template and Valentine SVG file that you can copy and alternate.
Once you get the hang of using your Cricut machine you’ll be ready to make all kinds of adorable designs. Be ready to make a few mistakes, even if you’ve been crafting with your Cricut for a while. It’s totally normal!
Below are some of the most popular projects that will help you create some super sweet cards. Let’s get crafting!
SIMPLE CRICUT VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS
I searched high and low, and here are my top picks!
1. Silhouette Valentine Hearts Card
Source: Silhouette Valentine Hearts Card by Creative Ramblings Blog
Creating a silhouette heart card is easy with the step-by-step instructions from Creative Ramblings Blog. Once you have your hearts cut out, there are just a few more steps, and you’ll have a creative Valentine’s Day card to share with those you love.
2. Easy Heart-Shaped Cards
Source: Easy Heart-Shaped Cards by Almost Practical
This is the perfect Valentine’s Day card idea when you’re looking to give homemade gifts to a lot of people. The layered and silhouette look is not only cute but also versatile. Consider making a few with different colored backgrounds.
3. Shaker Card Fillers
Source: Shaker Card Fillers by Jennifer Maker
Create your very own shaker card with this Jennifer Maker design.
4. Valentine Candy Cards
Source: Valentine Candy Cards by Hey Let’s Make Stuff
Similar to the shaker cards, these candy cards are a unique way to showcase a special sweet surprise inside of a homemade card. The heart cutouts reveal what’s hidden inside!
THEMED VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS
Show off your homemade card-making skills to those who love certain things like Star Wars or even gnomes.
1. Gnome Valentines Cards
Source: Gnome Valentines Cards by Our Crafty Mom
How adorable are these gnome-themed cards? They are sure to make the gnome-lover in your life smile.
2. Star Wars Valentine Cards
Source: Star Wars Valentine Cards by The Homes I Have Made
Not only are these perfect for the Star Wars fans in your life but also for the kids in your child’s class.
CLASSROOM VALENTINES CARDS IDEAS
The card ideas below are perfect for making for your child’s classroom Valentine’s Day party.
1. Unicorn Dolphin Valentine
Source: Unicorn Dolphine Valentine by Gingersnap Crafts
These unicorn dolphin cards would be cute to pass out for a classroom Valentine’s Day party.
2. Color Your Own Valentine Card
Source: Color Your Own Valentine Card by Creativities Galore
Give cards that kids will be able to use as a fun coloring activity with these color-your-own valentine cards.
3. Valentine’s Day Classroom Cards
Source: Valentine’s Day Classroom Cards by Printable Crush
These cards double as a crayon holder and coloring activity all in one, making them the perfect card idea for a classroom full of kids.
MORE CRICUT VALENTINE IDEAS TO TRY
Below are a few more sweet cards for you to try.
1. Be Mine DIY Valentine Card
Source: Be Mine DIY Valentine Card by Parade
This card may look a little difficult to make, but it’s actually not. Just a few cuts of your Cricut, a little glue and you’ll have a “Be Mine” valentine card in no time!
2. Wavy Cut Heart Cards
Source: Wavy Cut Heart Cards by Doodle Craft Blog
These cards are the perfect way to share a sweet message and sweet treat with your friends at the same time.
3. 3-D Valentine Box Card
Source: 3-D Valentine Box Card by Life is a Party
Create a 3-D box to house cute little messages of love as well as a few Valentine’s-themed confetti all make with your Cricut.
4. DIY Love Letters
Source: DIY Love Letters by Hey Let’s Make Stuff
Put your Valentine’s card-making skills to the test with these cute do-it-yourself love letters. There are many styles to choose from.
5. Valentine Joke Cards
Source: Valentine Joke Cards by Lemon Thistle
Add some humor to Valentine’s Day with these do-it-yourself heart joke cards. They are sure to make your friends and family laugh.
6. Lots of Love Valentine Card
Source: Lots of Love Valentine Card by Sustain My Craft Habit
From the design of the heart to the font style of the words, this card is simply beautiful and looks like something you’d buy at the store. Thanks to the tutorial by Sustain My Craft Habit, you can make your own!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THESE CRICUT VALENTINE CARD IDEAS FOR LATER:
MORE VALENTINE CRAFTS TO TRY
- Turn these FREE Valentine Printables into gifts you can give to others. There are lots of unique designs to choose from.
- Make your own gorgeous Valentine’s Day decor with these 23 DIY heart decorations.
- How to make a beautiful wood shim wreath – paint inexpensive wood shims to make a fun and colorful wreath for Valentine’s Day or spring.
- These watercolor Valentine cards are a simple and fun Valentine’s Day craft for both kids and adults. Paint over white paper, then watch your Valentine words and images “magically” appear!
- Show a little love in your home with this easy and colorful DIY Heart Garland for Valentine’s Day.
DOLLAR STORE VALENTINE CRAFTS
- These Dollar Store Valentine Wreath Ideas will help you decorate for the season of love in no time. An added bonus is they don’t cost a lot of money since everything you need can be found at the Dollar Store!
- Grab a Dollar Tree wire heart wreath form and come craft with me and I make heart wreaths in three different styles – snowy white, farmhouse black and white, and springy floral.
- Make a simple DIY Valentine banner using dollar store gift bags and twine.
- Grab a Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower game, and make these adorable farmhouse style Jenga Valentine Ornaments in two different styles.
- Let’s make a super cute DIY Valentine heart topiary – in TWO different styles – using supplies from the dollar store.
VALENTINE GIFT IDEAS
- Take the guesswork out of what to give the grandparents in your life for Valentine’s Day. These Handmade Grandparent Valentines Gifts are crafts children of all ages will enjoy making and gifting.
- Grab your Cricut machine and get ready to make some of these cute Cricut Valentine Gift Ideas.
- If you’re looking for Teacher Valentine Gifts that you and your kids can make yourself, I’ve got you covered.
- Grab some felt envelopes and iron-on vinyl to create personalized Valentine pouches in just a few minutes!