Get creative with a thrift store find and make this DIY copper cake pan pumpkin craft to decorate your home this fall.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This craft channels everything I love about the fall season: warm colors and baking fall treats.
Get creative and make a unique pumpkin craft – perfect to decorate your kitchen or dining room for fall – by transforming a copper cake pan into a pumpkin.
A Damage-Free Cake Pan Fall Craft
I have seen so many cute bundt pan pumpkin crafts on Pinterest, and I’ve wanted to give it a try for a while now.
So when I came across this cute copper cake mold at the thrift store, I knew this was my chance. It was just too cute to pass up.
But I did have one small dilemma: this copper pan seemed really nice. Like, I would use it to bake with. Every bundt pan pumpkin craft I’ve seen so far requires you to paint an old beat-up pan, and I just couldn’t bring myself to paint this beauty.
So, I got to thinking and came up with a damage-free craft project.
I decided I could just make a topper for the pan, that can be secured to the pan using a temporary adhesive.
How to Make a Cake Pan Pumpkin Topper
Just watch this quick video tutorial to see how this craft came together:
- scrap of cardboard
- 1.5-inch ribbon, in sage green and tan
- thin lace ribbon
- wired jute rope cord
- gold floral wire
- faux boxwood greenery
- Fun-Tak mounting putty
- copper bundt pan or cake mold
Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- Cut a circle of cardboard to set on top of the cake pan.
- Cut a length of green ribbon. Dovetail the ends by folding the ribbon in half and cutting at a 45-degree angle. Use a lighter to carefully heat seal the ribbon ends and prevent fraying, if desired. Repeat this process on a second length of green ribbon.
- Fold each ribbon into a v-shape, and hot glue the "points" of each V to the cardboard circle.
- Cut a piece of thin rope cord and 5 pieces of gold floral wire, all measuring approximately 2 feet in length.
- Wrap the floral wire around the rope cord.
- Twist the rope cord and wire into a coil, wide at one end and narrow at the other, to form a pumpkin stem. Secure the wide end of the coil to the center of the pumpkin topper with hot glue.
- Make a scrappy ribbon by laying 3 pieces of wide ribbon and 3 pieces of thin lace ribbon on a work surface.
- Pinch the center of the ribbon pile, and wrap with twine 10-15 times. Secure the twine ends with a simple knot of the back of the bow. Trim the ribbon ends at an angle.
- Hot glue the scrappy ribbon bow to the base of the pumpkin stem.
- Hot glue small sprigs of faux boxwood around the base of the pumpkin stem, hiding the stems under the bow.
- Use mounting putty to secure the pumpkin topper to the cake pan.
My finished cake pan pumpkin craft:
Crafting a Bundt Pan Pumpkin is a delightful and creative way to welcome the fall season into your home. With just a few simple materials and some creative touches, you can create a charming centerpiece that captures the essence of autumn.
Whether you’re an experienced crafter or just starting out, this project is sure to bring joy and a cozy atmosphere to your living space. So, gather your supplies, roll up your sleeves, and let your creativity bloom as you craft your very own copper cake pan pumpkin craft!
Don’t forget to PIN this copper bundt pan pumpkin craft for later:
More Crafts I think you’ll enjoy:
Creative DIY Decor Projects Using Kitchen Items:
- Christmas Countdown Clock from a Pizza Pan
- Decorative Serving Tray from a Pizza Pan
- Faux Enamel Christmas Pie Pan
- Mixing Bowl Snowman
- Baking Sheet Decorative Tray
- Milk and Cookies Tray for Santa
- Winter Pizza Pan Door Hanger
- Holiday Bells Made from Mixing Bowls