Fabric tape comes in a variety of colors and patterns, so why not spice up your fall decor with these mini fabric tape pumpkins? This simple fall craft will add a little fun and variety to your fall decor!
Whip up this simple fall craft by decorating small plastic pumpkins with fabric tape!
Fabric Tape Pumpkins
Fabric tape is one of my favorite crafting supplies. It is available at craft stores in a variety of colors and patterns, and if can be used to decorate just about anything – like these fun mini pumpkins. This is a simple fall craft that crafters of all ages can enjoy. Plus, it only requires three supplies. So grab your favorite color of fabric tape, and get crafting.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Supplies Needed for Fabric Tape Pumpkins
- faux mini pumpkins* – pick them up at your local craft store or dollar store
- fabric tape – note: do NOT buy paper washi tape. It doesn’t have enough give for the ridges of the pumpkin. You want decorative fabric tape.
*Select smaller pumpkins so you don’t run out of fabric tape. Those rolls are tiny!
How to Make Fabric Tape Pumpkins
- Cut strips of fabric tape long enough to cover the pumpkin from top to bottom.
- Starting in the ridges around the pumpkin, add strips of fabric tape at even intervals around the pumpkin.
- Fabric tape has some give. Using your thumbs, smooth the tape from the center out. Mold the tape to the curves of the pumpkin as you go.
- Fill in the gaps with smaller pieces of tape. Cut the strips of tape at an angle, so that the pattern on the tape blends better.
- Repeat the process on various sized pumpkins and with different patterns or colors.
Such a simple pumpkin craft just perfect for fall!
The options are limited only by the fabric tape patterns available at your craft store, so have fun!!!
Don’t forget to pin these cute pumpkins for later:
Here are a few more simple fall crafts for you:
This post originally appeared at Somewhat Simple where I’m a contributor.