Make this whimsical little Faux Tin Tile Snowman Craft – all from dollar store materials – to decorate for winter.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Embrace the winter season and make a charming Dollar Store Faux Tin Tile Snowman Craft that will add a touch of festive cheer to your home without breaking the bank.
This easy and budget-friendly DIY project is perfect for a snowy afternoon indoors. Gather your supplies from the local dollar store and let’s get started on creating a whimsical snowman that will melt hearts!
Why I love this craft
One of my favorite craft supplies lately has been these faux wall adhesives from Dollar Tree:
In fact, you can read this blog post to see all the faux tin tile crafts I’ve made.
For this project, I started with a dollar store Valentine’s gumball machine cutout, and then flipped it upside down to make a snowman’s face with top hat.
Watch this quick video tutorial to see how this craft came together:
- sharpie marker
- small piece of a clean dish sponge
- miter shears or heavy-duty craft scissors
- fine-point paint brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this craft.
- Paint the tile piece: Use a piece of a clean dish sponge to pre-paint the whole faux tin tile piece white, Use add a small amount paint to the sponge, and use an up-and-down pouncing motion to avoid brush strokes. Let dry.
- Trace and cut the tile piece: Center the the cardboard gumball cutout on the tile piece. Trace with a sharpie marker, and then cut out the tile. Be sure to cut inside the marker line, so that none of the ink shows on your finished project. Use E6000 glue to adhere the tile piece to the cardboard cutout. Smooth down and let dry.
- Make the snowman hat brim: Use miter shears to cut a jumbo wood craft stick down to size, just a bit wider than the gumball sign, forming two pieces of a hat brim.
- Paint the snowman hat: Use another small piece of a clean dish sponge. Apply a small amount of dark gray chalk paint to the sponge. Dab onto a scrap of cardboard, and then lightly brush over the whole tile piece to distress. Apply more paint at the top (hat portion) and less at the bottom (face portion). Also paint the two wood craft stick pieces and the little heart gumball machine topper sticking out at the bottom of the snowman head. Let dry. Then hot glue the wood craft stick hat brim onto the tile.
- Paint the snowman face: Use a pencil to lightly sketch the snowman face: two oval eyes, a carrot nose, and more ovals for the mouth. Then fill in the pencil markings with black and orange chalk paint and a fine point paint brush.
- Embellish: Make a bow with gray ribbon, and hot glue it at the base of the snowman head.
- Display your tin tile snowman in a winter vignette, in a wreath, or anywhere you like.
The Finished Faux Tin Tile Snowman
This Dollar Store Faux Tin Tile Snowman Craft proves that holiday decorating doesn’t have to be expensive to be delightful. By utilizing affordable materials from the dollar store and a bit of creativity, you can create a charming winter craft to add a touch of whimsy to your home. Happy crafting, friends!
Don’t forget to PIN this faux tin tile snowman craft for later:
More Dollar Store Snowman Crafts
This craft was part of a round-up video of Dollar Store Snowman Crafts for 2024. You can watch it on YouTube:
…and be sure to check out this roundup post filled with TONS of snowman craft ideas!!