This recipe for Easter Chex Mix with cheddar snack crackers and Easter egg M&MS is seriously addicting! It’s the perfect spring snack mix.
Today, I am going to share with you the most addicting recipe for Chex mix that I have ever tasted. This stuff is so good. So make up a big batch to take to a potluck or share with friends and family.
I’ve got an Easter-themed Chex mix recipe today, but it really is perfect for any spring gathering. Easter peanut butter M&Ms and chickadee cheddar crackers add a colorful, seasonal, pop.
I chose peanut butter M&Ms to make the recipe little-kid friendly (we don’t want them choking on nuts!). But you can use any type you want. Also, I used the Target brand of cheddar snack crackers. Annie’s also makes cheddar crackers that look like little bunnies.
I served up my Easter snack mix in little containers from the dollar store, and it was a total hit. The sweetness of the chex and coconut combined with the salty cheddar crackers is beyond addicting. I had to stop myself before I got a tummy ache from over-indulging!
The twins loved this too. They dug around in their little bowls of snack mix, looking for all of the eggs, of course! Then Miss B went prancing around the house with her dollar store container on her arm.
I hope you enjoy this snack mix as much as my family did! Enjoy!
- 1 24-ounce box wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter ((1 1/2 sticks))
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 6.6 ounce box cheddar snack crackers ((I used the Target “market pantry” brand of chickadees crackers))
- 1 bag easter egg M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal and coconut. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave again for 2 minutes. Be careful. The mixture will be hot. Stir in vanilla and baking powder.
- Pour butter mixture over the chex and coconut mixture. Gently stir in cheddar crackers. Set aside to cool.
- Stir in M&Ms once the mixture has cooled. Serve right away or store in an airtight container.