- 1 24-ounce box wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter ((1 1/2 sticks))
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 6.6 ounce box cheddar snack crackers ((I used the Target “market pantry” brand of chickadees crackers))
- 1 bag easter egg M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal and coconut. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave again for 2 minutes. Be careful. The mixture will be hot. Stir in vanilla and baking powder.
- Pour butter mixture over the chex and coconut mixture. Gently stir in cheddar crackers. Set aside to cool.
- Stir in M&Ms once the mixture has cooled. Serve right away or store in an airtight container.