Come take a tour around my Christmas living room, complete with THREE neutral farmhouse Christmas trees and DIY custom burlap linen stockings.
Christmas decorating with buffalo check, muted blues, greens, and natural wood tones.
Hello, hello! It’s an exciting day here at my house. This is seriously the LATEST I have ever put up a Christmas tree. I’m pretty committed to team “Decorate BEFORE Thanksgiving”.
We’ve had an upstairs mini-remodel project that has faced serious delays, resulting in the family camping out in the living room for three solid weeks. Then we had a pipe leak in the basement, resulting in the need for concrete removal that left everything covered in a layer of dust. Oh, and no washer/dryer for at least another 2 weeks.
I threw myself a little pity party last week, but when the weekend hit I found a renewed sense of determination to get. That. Darn. Tree. Up.
And with so much disarray in other areas of my house, I was even more determined to make our living room decor extra special this Christmas. I may have gone a little overboard, because the end result was not one. Not two. But THREE Christmas trees in our living room.
Yes, my family thinks I’ve lost my marbles. I think the family dog is even judging me at this point, as she lies on the couch giving me serious side-eye.
But whatever…. I’m happy. I have the perfect, cozy place to curl up and enjoy my Christmas movies. The rest of the house will fall into place eventually.
The Inspiration: Blue, Green, plaid, wood, and burlap Christmas Decorations
My inspiration actually started with gift wrap. This isn’t the first time that a simple roll of paper has inspired a much larger project – take my Thanksgiving tablescape for example.
I fell in love with these three rolls of paper – I got the kraft paper Christmas tree paper and the light blue paper at TJ Maxx. The navy/dark green paper came from Michael’s.
My THREE Neutral Farmhouse Christmas Trees
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Sources: I can’t give exact links to everything, since I’ve owned many of these items for several years now. But I will tell you all of my actual sources below. I will also share links to *similar* items so you can get the look yourself.
- Christmas stockings – watch my Youtube video and check out the links in the video description.
- Lanterns – Black Friday purchase at the craft store a few years ago. Similar options here and here.
- My flocked tree – Walmart find. See how I styled it two years ago with a red and green Classic Christmas style.
- Flocked garland – Walmart as well.
- Black and white check ribbon – thick ribbon and thin ribbon
- Burlap ribbon – Dollar Tree. I highly recommend this ribbon. I’ve used it on TONS of projects!
- Giant snowflake ornaments – Hobby Lobby this year
- Wooden nativity – purchased this year at Hobby Lobby.
- Living room rug – from Target, and we LOVE it 🙂
- Winter pillow cover – Etsy
- 2 Botanical prints (on the wall behind the trees) – Etsy
Absolutely love your living room! Forget the rest of the house you have done yourself proud with this room. Love the stockings, watched video this morning. So easy. Hope your finger is better. Have a blessed holiday.
I love it! Especially because everything else is chaos in your house. Gives you that calm and cozy Christmas feeling and that’s definitely what ya need this time of year. Looks so festive and cozy!