How to find and decorate the cheapest artificial Christmas tree – without sacrificing style! Watch this video to see how I decorated our Christmas tree on a budget.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I’m beyond excited to share my little decorated Christmas tree. I bought the tree, lights, AND decorations for about $60. No, that’s not a typo. It was about 60 bucks!
NOW – This isn’t a huge, decked-out tree. It’s a 6-foot (more like 5 1/2-foot if you don’t count the single top branch) little tree, perfect for a small home or as a second tree in a bedroom or dining room. We live in a small 1940s home, with two kids and a dog. This little tree is just the right size for us.
P.S. – This is the second year I’ve used this tree, and it’s held up really well. See how I decorated it last year (in our previous home) by using TWO trees in our living room with Classic Christmas Decorations.
How I decorated our Christmas tree on a budget (VIDEO):
Like I said, it’s not a HUGE tree, but I think it’s perfect for this little corner in our living room:
If you love that chair and Christmas pillow as much as I do, you can find them here: wingback chair and Christmas pillow.
Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorations
Here’s my budget breakdown:
- Flocked Tree – scroll to the bottom of this post for my top budget-friendly artificial trees, if flocked isn’t your thing! P.S. this tree was $30 last year when I bought it, but now it looks like it’s $35… still a total deal!
- String of white lights – I used one string this year, but you could use two if you like
- Roll of wide fabric ribbon – usually about $10 at the craft store, but keep an eye out for weekly 40% or 50% off coupons/sales
- 10 sprigs of artificial berries/flowers from the dollar store
- Dollar store ornaments – I used small gold bulbs and gold snowflakes
All-told, the total was about $60. Not bad for a tree AND decorations!
Complete the look with these sources: wingback chair — Christmas pillow — area rug — sweater throw
My Picks: The Best Inexpensive Artificial Christmas Trees:
Click any image to shop these lovely trees!
Leave a Reply