Grab a few dollar store supplies and come craft with me. I’ll show you how to make a cute DIY floral bike wheel wreath to customize for any season.
Bicycle wheel wreaths are easy to make can can be easily customized for all seasons with different faux flowers.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
If you want to make a beautiful decorated bicycle wheel wreath to adorn your front door, here is an idea that is cheap and easy to make. You just need a few dollar store supplies and a bit of creativity..
Where can I buy a bike wheel or spoked wreath form?
If you don’t have an old bike wheel lying around, don’t worry. I found my bike wheel wreath form at the Dollar Tree!
I’ve actually been eyeing these wreath forms for quite some time. And I finally got around to making my very one bicycle wheel wreath – without having to find an old bike wheel somewhere!
Video Tutorial: A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Floral Bike Wheel Wreath
Just watch this quick video to see how my wreath came together:
- bike wheel wreath form from the dollar store
- twine or thin rope
- floral wire
- wooden rectangle or mini sign
- craft foam
- faux flowers in color of your choosing
- the word "hello" cut out on permanent adhesive vinyl - or stencils and paint
- heavy-duty craft scissors
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- Wrap the entire wreath outer ring with twine. Secure the ends with a knot and little hot glue to prevent unraveling.
- Cut a piece of craft foam - small enough to fit behind the wood rectangle. Secure the piece of foam to the wreath form with floral wire. Twist the ends of the floral wire around the bike spokes on the back of the wreath form. Secure with hot glue. Cover the wire ends with tape.
- Embellish the wooden rectangle with adhesive vinyl or stencils and paint. Hot glue the wood sign to the styrofoam.
- Cut the faux flower stems to varying lengths. Stick the flower stems into the foam, and arrange however you like.
- Hang your wreath. If you offset the wood sign and flowers, you may need to use a piece of double-sided tape or a velcro Command strip on the back of the foam piece to get the wreath to hang level.
If you want to make the same vinyl "hello" cut-out, just search for #M4893D4FA in Cricut Design Space.
My finished bicycle wheel wreath:
Customize your own bike wheel wreath with bow, ribbon, flower, and greenery selection of your choosing
Don’t fell like you need to copy me! There are tons of ways to decorate this type of wreath, so put on your creative thinking cap and get making!
Don’t forget to PIN this floral bike wheel wreath for later:
Looking for more DIY wreath inspiration?
- Spring Floral Straw Hat Wreath
- Stunning Lilac Dollar Store Floral Easter Wreath
- Beautiful Summer Wreaths made from Dollar Store Supplies
- Spring Wreath Inspiration from the Dollar Store
- Hula Hoop Wreath Ideas to Make for Any Season
- Wood Shim Wreath – Make a Unique Wreath for any Season or Holiday
- Simple Paper Craft – How to Make a Doily Wreath