Make a simple mini succulent planter that will do double-duty this fall. Paint both sides of a small terracotta pot for easy seasonal decor that lasts from Halloween through Thanksgiving!
Halloween Ghost Clay Pots… turn them around, and they’re little Thanksgiving turkeys:
Changing out my seasonal decor is one of my favorite things, especially when fall rolls around. But then you have to put everything away and store it all. To quote my 5-year-old son, “That is NOT my favorite.”.
That’s why double-duty seasonal projects make me so happy. You only have to store one item, but you get to enjoy it through two holidays or seasons. Case in point: these ghost/turkey mini clay pots.
I displayed my new mini succulent clay pots on my Halloween mantel. When November 1st hits, I can just turn these clay pots around, and I’ll be ready for Thanksgiving!
One side is perfect for Halloween:
When October 31st has passed, just turn the mini succulent planter around, and you’re ready for Thanksgiving:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Supplies you’ll need to make this mini succulent planter craft
- mini terracotta pots
- small paint brushes
- acrylic craft paint – white, black, yellow, red
- mini succulents – real or artificial
A Quick Video Tutorial:
The premise is this: whitewash the clay pots with white paint. Then, using the finest paint brush you can find, add ghost and turkey faces. Too easy!
More Clay Pot Crafts I Think You’ll Enjoy:
- Proudly display your indoor plants and herbs with these Funny Saying Clay Pots – they’re sure to give anyone a chuckle.
- Give a personalized gift and decorate a clay pot with family photos. Makes a great grandparent gift!
- Give a dollar store clay pot a makeover with a bit of paint and burlap.
More Halloween Crafts:
- Spider Web Pumpkins
- Halloween Mantel Decor – a neutral farmhouse style
- Dollar Store Halloween Wreaths
- Mini Witch Hat + Template
Leave a Reply