Grab a few old jars from the recycling can and some spray paint and get crafting! Make upcycled glass jar vases for fresh spring blooms.
I’m Beth from Kingston Crafts and I love bringing the colors of the season in to my home. Last month I created some wood spoon plant markers to bring a little color to my garden, this month I’m creating a glass bottle upcycle project to bring color to my kitchen.
GLASS BOTTLE UPCYCLE – DIY BUD VASES
Grab some glass jars or bottles from your recycling bin and create an easy and fun DIY project to show off those flowers blooming in your yard this Spring. Don’t have a green thumb? These free printable floral place cards and straw toppers will fill your table with flowers!
Related: You won’t believe how easy it is to make these DIY painted Decorative Wine Bottles. Empty a few bottles of wine, and save the empty bottles for a fun upcyled craft.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
TUTORIAL: HOW TO MAKE A GLASS BOTTLE UPCYCLE BUD VASE
- Soak bottles/jars in warm soapy water to remove labels. If any residue remains use a razor blade or pot scraper to remove it.
- Rinse jars and let dry.
- Apply tape around the bottles, leaving some of the glass exposed.
- Stuff paper towels in to the opening of each jar to prevent paint getting inside.
- Paint bottles in assorted colors. Be sure to do it outside so you have plenty of ventilation.
- Let paint dry then remove tape.
- Enjoy your flowers!
These inexpensive vases would be a fun project to do with the kids and use supplies you likely already have on hand. If you like using spray paint to customize your projects then you’ll love these storage drawers: