Let’s create some high-end holiday decor using green and gold paint. Follow this tutorial for your own dollar store candlestick makeover this Christmas.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The holiday season is upon us, and it’s time to add a touch of elegance to our home decor. If you’re on a budget but still want to make your space look festive and fabulous, I’ve got the perfect DIY project for you – a Dollar Store Candlestick Makeover with a twist.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to transform ordinary electric candles into stunning, high-end decorative pieces using green and gold paint. Let’s get started and bring some holiday magic into your home!
Watch this quick video to see how this craft came together:
- 3 Dollar Store battery-operated candles (and batteries, if not included)
- blue painters tape
- green spray paint, Rustoleum in the color Hunt Club Green
- antique gold rub and buff paint
- small paintbrush
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this project.
- Cover the flame with tape. Use several small pieces of painters tape to cover the flame completely. Make sure to not cover the white part of the candle.
- Spray paint the entire candle. Spray a coat of green paint over the candle stick and the candle holder. Let dry. Apply more coats to achieve full coverage.
- Remove tape. When paint is completely dry, carefully peel away the tape.
- Paint a coat of gold paint. Use a dabbing motion to apply a coat of gold rub and buff to the candlestick holders.
- Reassemble. Once everything has dried, add batteries and place the candles back into the candle holder. Use them to decorate your fireplace mantel, living room table, dining room table, or wherever you like.
The Finished Green and Gold Candlesticks
With a little creativity and a few dollars, you can turn simple dollar store finds into stunning decorative pieces that rival the most expensive holiday decor.
This Dollar Store Candlestick Makeover is not only a fun DIY project, but it’s also a great way to add a personal touch to your home this Christmas. Happy decorating!
PIN this Dollar Store Christmas Craft for Later
Dollar Store Painted Christmas Crafts
This craft was part of a round-up video of Dollar Store Christmas transformations with spray paint. You can watch it on YouTube: