Serve this warm sweet potato and chickpea salad with a small lettuce salad for a fresh and filling lunch that is perfect as a weekend meal or in a weekday lunchbox.
I am always looking for new recipes that I can make on Sunday night and pack in my lunches throughout the week. This is one of those recipes.
Warm Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad
When I made this, I had the intention of packing it in my lunches for the week. I ended up packing a small portion of the potato and chickpea salad with a small lettuce salad. I served the chickpea salad warm with a cool lettuce salad, and I had a fresh and filling weekday lunch!
Did you like this Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad? Then I think you will enjoy these other healthy recipes:
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 lime (juice and zest)
- 3 Tbsp red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato, salt, and pepper. Sautee 5 minutes. Add garlic and chickpeas and cook 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime (juice and zest), cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potato mixture with lime dressing. Serve warm.