Everyone needs a few go-to baking recipes in their arsenal, and banana bread is one of my favorites. I end up making this recipe about once a month, whether as muffins, mini-muffins, or bread. The key, no surprise, is very ripe bananas.
This delicious and moist banana bread is so simple to make!
My Go-To Banana Bread Recipe
More baked goods + recipes I think you’ll enjoy:Print
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted but not hot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Mix in butter, sugar, egg, and almond extract.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry mix to wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour into parchment paper lined loaf pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry and want to save one more dirty bowl, you can add the dry ingredients directly to the wet ingredients. Just be sure to give the powder and salt a quick stir into the flour with a fork before you fully combine with the wet ingredients.