Can you believe the 4th of July is just one week away!?!? We’ve got a busy camping/softball weekend ahead, and I’m sure folks out there will be participating in some pre-4th festivities. Over the past week or so, I’ve been snooping around on the internet for some great red-white-and-blue foods. There are so many great ideas out there!
But first, I whipped up a batch of cupcakes today. For the technique, I was inspired by the chocolate strawberry cupcakes I made last week. This time around, I used a box of white cake mix. I dyed half of the batter blue and left the other half white. I layered the white batter on top of the blue batter and baked according to the box directions. Then I whipped up some basic buttercream frosting (Savory Sweet Life has a good recipe, available here) and dyed it red. Voila! Red, white, and blue cupcakes. The blue ended up a bit more teal and the red a bit more pink than I would have liked. Oh well. I’ll make a mental note for next year. And God help anyone who complains…
Now on with the show. 50 of my favorite patriotic recipes from around the web (in no particular order):
1. Red White & Blue Candy Apples from TidyMom.
2. Fourth of July Cake from I Am Baker.
3. Red, White, and Blue Jelly-Filled Donuts from babble.
4. Sweet & Salty 4th of July Snacks from Sugar Swings.
5. Stained Glass Jello from Brown Eyed Baker.
6. Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats from Lil’ Luna.
7. Star-Studded Mini Pies from Our Best Bites.
8. Red, White and Blueberry Sundaes from Caramel Potatoes.
9. Layered Drinks from Moore Minutes.
10. Pop Rocks Sprinkles on Firecracker Cookies from Lizard and Ladybug.
11. Flag Cupcakes from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
12. Patriotic Apple Pie Pockets from Sugar Kissed.
13. Red, White, and Blue Cocktails from Punchbowl.
14. Snow Cone Cupcakes from Bakerella.
15. Patriotic Taco Salad from Taste of Home.
16. Patriotic Drink from The Alchemist.
17. Patriotic Chocolate Dunked Krispies from Back for Seconds.
18. Patriotic Dip from Hungry Happenings.
19. Red, White, and Blue Gumdrops from Hungry Happenings.
20. Patriotic Ice Cube Stars from Today’s Creative Life.
21. American Flag Marshmallow Pops from Living Locurto.
22. Fruit Flag from Party City.
23. Lemonade Ice Cream Pie with Berry Topping from Mrs Fields Secrets.
24. Pretzel Americana from Poca Cosa.
25. Fruited-Cheesecake Flag from Martha Stewart Recipes.
26. Double Dip Sugar Cookies from Betty Crocker.
27. Red, White, and Blue Parfaits from Martha Stewart Recipes.
28. Red White and Blue Blueberry Macaroons from I Heart Baking.
29. Fourth of July Cupcakes from I Heart Baking.
30. Fruit Pops from Bakers Royale.
31. Red, White, and Blue Striped Creamy Coconut Stars from Hungry Happenings.
32. Baked Vanilla Bean Doughnuts from a Pumpkin and a Princess.
33. Blueberry and Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins from Mango and Tomato.
34. 4th of July Pancakes from Itsy Bitsy Foodies.
35. Red, White & Blue Ice Cream Cupcakes from Annie’s Eats.
36. Red, White and Blue Bread from BakingSheet.
37. Red, White & Blue Potato Salad from Recipe Girl.
38. Red, White + Blue Sugar Cookies from Urban Baker.
39. Crunchy Corn on the Cob from Tatertots and Jello.
40. “Bite-Size” Salad with Caprese Skewers from Tatertots and Jello.
41. Red, White, and Blue Lava Flows from Cookin’ Up Good Times.
42. Chocolate Zucchini Donuts from Inside BruCrew Life.
43. Patriotic Fruit Salad from Family Ever After.
44. 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.
45. Patriotic Popsicles from Yummy-Healthy-Easy.
46. Rustic 4th of July Galettes from Haniela’s Food & Photography.
47. Patriotic Oreo Pops from Makoodle.
48. Patriotic Cookie Pizza from Pillsbury.
49. Cookie Cutter Fruit Salad from Wit & Whistle.
50. Red, White and Blue Whoopie Pies from Baking Bites.
If you are reading this, that means you made it to the end of this post. Congratulations! I hope you all have a safe and fabulous 4th of July weekend.