This delicious and moist cranberry almond banana bread is definitely a sweet treat that the whole family will love. Enjoy it fresh out of the oven, because this sweet loaf won’t last long.
Start with a Basic Banana Bread Recipe
This basic banana bread recipe is a staple in our home. I love that it comes together in a snap, and it’s made with ingredients I always have in the pantry.
Cranberry Almond Banana Bread Recipe
Today’s version just adds two new ingredients: dried cranberries and chopped almonds – which aren’t difficult to find in our house.
We love dried cranberries in morning oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar. And almonds are great to buy in bulk – just keep them cool so they last longer.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry and want to save one more dirty bowl, you can add the dry ingredients directly to the wet ingredients. Just be sure to give the powder and salt a quick stir into the flour with a fork before you fully combine with the wet ingredients.
Now, you can whip up this cranberry almond banana bread in 10 minutes and one bowl!Print
Cranberry Almond Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted but not hot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Mix in butter, sugar, egg, and almond extract.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry mix to wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Fold in almonds and cranberries.
- Pour into parchment paper lined loaf pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Leave a Reply