A simple recipe for open-faced BLT crostini with hummus, bacon, spinach, and tomato. This mini BLT sandwich appetizer comes together in a snap and will sure to be a hit with any crowd.
mini BLT sandwich appetizer
(Aldi Recipe)BLT Crostini Mini Open Faced Sandwiches
Nothing says summer quite like a BLT sandwich with fresh garden tomatoes. I decided to make an appetizer version of a classic BLT sandwich.
I’ve also made a couple of healthier substitutions by swapping mayo for hummus and iceberg for spinach.
And the best part? You can make this appetizer with ingredients you can find at Aldi! Don’t have an Aldi store nearby? Just substitute those mini brioche loaves for a baguette. You should be able to find all of the other ingredients at any grocery store.Print
- 2 small brioche baguette loaves
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 Tbsp. red pepper hummus
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- fresh ground salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place bacon on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cooked to desired crispiness. Remove bacon to a paper towel and reserve grease.
- Slice brioche into quarters, then separate the tops from the bottoms. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with reserved bacon grease. Switch over to broil. Toast the bread under the broiler for 2-3 minutes,until lightly toasted.
- Spread each piece of bread with 1/2 Tbsp. red pepper hummus. Top with 1/2 slice bacon (cut into quarters or thirds), one grape tomato (quartered), and 1 Tbsp. chopped spinach. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.