I made this sweet spring hula hoop wreath with a few simple supplies. Make this large wreath in any color and type of flower you like. This cherry blossom wreath will make a cheery addition to your spring decor.
A cheery cherry blossom hula hoop wreath, perfect for spring decorating!
Spring is a wonderful time to change out your décor and bring some bright color into your home.
I love easy seasonal décor swaps, like wreaths, doormats, and pillow covers. If you’re looking for some quick and easy spring décor additions for your home, check out these Spring Pillow Covers (they’re all UNDER $10 each) or these Colorful Spring Welcome Mats.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Supplies you’ll need to make a Hula Hoop Wreath
- A hula-hoop
- spray paint
- Spring green garland
- Faux cherry blossom flowers
- Wire cutter
- Green floral tape
Finding a hula-hoop: In the spring and summer months, you can easily find hula-hoops at your local dollar store or big box retailer. They often come wrapped in a colorful decorative plastic coating, which you can peel off and throw away. Exposing the plain black plastic underneath makes it easier to paint the hula-hoop.
Tutorial – How to Make Giant Spring Hula Hoop Wreath
- Start with a plain hula-hoop. If the one that you bought has a plastic coating or decorations, remove them. Then spray the entire hula-hoop with pink spray paint. You will need to do multiple coats to get complete coverage of all sides. Paint one side. Let it dry. Then paint the other side. Be sure to let the spray paint dry completely before adding flowers. Be careful, since you don’t want to scratch the paint.
- Wrap the spring garland around the hula-hoop, covering about the bottom third. Wrap the garland tightly, and secure the ends with green floral tape.
- Then add cherry blossom flowers. Use wire cutters to disassemble a large faux cherry blossom stem. You may find it helpful to hang the wreath up before adding the flowers. If the wreath is lying flat, the flowers may fall and sag when you hang it up. Tuck the flowers into the green garland, and secure as needed with floral tape.
Display your new wreath and enjoy with your spring décor. Since it’s so large, this wreath can easily fill a large wall or the space above a fireplace.
This hula-hoop wreath can easily be customized for any season or color theme – just select a different spray paint color and flowers.
Don’t Forget to PIN This Oversized Spring Wreath for Later:
A few more SPRING crafts I think you’ll enjoy:
- Wood Shim Planter Box: This little wood box is the perfect craft to make for your spring herbs, flowers, or other small plants.
- Spring Wood Shim Wreath: Paint inexpensive wood shims to make a fun and colorful wreath.
- Spring Repurposed Crafts for Home Decor: Find inspiration with these 14 amazing upcycle DIY decor ideas!
This post first appeared at Crafts by Amanda, where I’m a contributor.