You have got to try these easy spinach mashed potatoes. Sneak spinach into your family’s dinner tonight and whip up these green mashed potatoes!
It’s no secret that deception is a perfectly acceptable parenting strategy in my household. Example: my kids eat “green mashed potatoes.” They think it is fun. I don’t tell them that the green color comes from spinach. Deception works, people. Don’t judge me.
Green Spinach Mashed Potatoes
These are actually really easy to whip up. I just puree frozen spinach with milk, and then add the puree in when I mash potatoes like normal.
My kids are still in that “if it has more than 5 ingredients, I’m not eating it” phase, so dinners around here are usually pretty simple. I just serve the green mashed potatoes with meatballs for dinner. I’ll add a mixed veggie if I’m feeling extra fancy.
Sneak spinach into your family’s dinner tonight and whip up these green mashed potatoes!
- 2.5 pounds potatoes
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Butter ((optional, to taste))
- Peel and boil the potatoes. Drain.
- Thaw spinach on a sauce pan over low heat. Add milk and stir just until heated. Puree with immersion blender.
- Mash the potatoes and spinach mixture together. Add salt, pepper, and butter to taste. Serve right away.