Learn how to make a fun and easy kids nature kit. Encourage creative exploration when the weather warms up and the kids head outdoors! Explore nature with children.
Does your family love the great outdoors? If so, spark creativity, exploration, and adventure with a personalized kids nature kit for your child! Kids can tote this kit anywhere, whether on a mountain hike or a walk through their own backyard.
I’m Lora, of Craftivity Designs, back to share a simple craft with you this month. And, when I say simple, this nature kit definitely fits the bill! It’s so quick and easy, you can get the kids involved and complete the entire activity in less than a half hour.
Kids Nature Kit
Filled with every nature explorer’s favorite tools, such as specimen containers and a magnifying glass; your kids will love tucking away their nature finds in this handheld kit.
I’m so excited for my kids to give their nature kits a try, and thankfully warm weather is on the way. Last spring, we embraced the season with a Nature Scavenger Hunt (which was a huge hit!) and I can’t wait to pair with our new Nature Kits, too.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
HOW TO MAKE A KIDS NATURE KIT
- First, collect all of the explorer tools. I found everything at a craft store, look for:
- small plastic storage containers in the jewelry-making aisles
- a magnifying glass in the hobby toy aisle
- boxes and letters in the raw wood aisle
- notepads and label stickers in the stationary and scrapbook aisles
- Once you’re collected everything, begin by adhering the wood letter to the wood suitcase with hot glue.
- Next, label several explorer tools, such as the the Field Notes book and the Live Specimen box.
- Finally, tuck everything neatly into the box — ready for a child’s imagination and adventure!
I’m betting a Nature Kit will be our go-to birthday gift for my kids’ friends this summer. My favorite gifts are those that encourage play and spark creativity — and this project meets that criteria. Plus, the personalization adds a thoughtful, handmade touch.
IF YOU LOVED THIS PERSONALIZED GIFT, THEN I THINK YOU’LL LOVE THESE POSTS:
Learn how to make Personalized Wood Photo Holders, a great gift that works for most anyone!
Make your own Personalized Phone Cord Keepers to tote your tech goods in style (and without a tangled mess!).