This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveColorfully #CollectiveBias
How to make a Rock Painting Kit in a Mason jar. Give this handmade gift for a fun, creative, and crafty gift in a jar idea. Use Sharpie markers to paint and decorate rocks.
**Hover over the image above to shop the supplies for this project.**
Christmas is almost here, and I know many are looking for unique, handmade gifts. I also know that many people have crafty friends and want to find them the perfect gift! Well, if you fall into both of those categories, you’re in luck! I have combined to popular trends into one gift: 1. Handmade gifts in Mason jars, and 2. The rock painting craft craze.
I bought all of my essential supplies for this DIY Mason jar gift at Target:
- Sharpie Permanent Markers Limited Edition Gift Pack (39 ct.)
- Sharpie + Paper Mate Flair Gift Pack (28 ct.)
These gift packs are a fantastic option for gifting on their own, or incorporating into a fun DIY gift idea. With a variety of bright colors and marker tips, you’ll find the perfect gift for any doodler, drawer, or crafter on your list – whether it’s a teen, tween, or adult.
From 12/3 to 12/23, you can save $10 with low price of $19.99 with this offer.
You’ll also need:
- white acrylic craft paint
- flat paint brush
- large Ball mason jar
- ribbon and small ornaments for decoration
- assorted river rocks (try your dollar store… or nature)
Tutorial: How to Make a Rock Painting Kit in a Jar
- Gather your supplies – listed and shown above.
- Using white acrylic craft paint, paint one side of the rocks white. Smooth rocks work best.
- Let the paint dry completely. Apply a second coat if necessary, and let dry.
- Fill the bottom of a large Ball mason jar with the painted rocks.
- Add assorted colors of Sharpie markers to the jar, and place lid on top.
- Tie ribbon and decorative twine around the neck of the jar. Decorate with a small Christmas ornament if desired.
Since the rocks are already painted white, your recipient can easily decorate their rocks with the Sharpie markers. The creative possibilities are endless!
Leave a Reply