This Herbal Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe post is sponsored by Twinings of London in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. As always, all opinions are my own. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. #BeYourBestBlend
Make a homemade gift or pampering treat with this Herbal Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe. With four simple ingredients, you can make an indulgent sugar scrub with herbal tea. Keep for yourself, or give as a gift to mom, grandma, or a neighbor, using this FREE printable label.
Twinings of London recently reached out to me about how we can be inspired to be “our best blend,” whether that means taking time for yourself, exploring something new, or having the inspiration to do what you love. Today, I’m sharing a quick sugar scrub recipe – keep it as a treat for yourself, or give as a gift to someone special.
Simple Herbal Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe
Twinings of London has been providing quality tea experiences for more than 300 years, and I am so happy to be sharing their three new herbal blends – Lemon Delight, Berry Fusion and Buttermint. Indulge in a hot cup of herbal tea, or get creative with an herbal tea sugar scrub featuring on of these new blends.
So grab a glass jar and four simple ingredients to make this pampering homemade sugar scrub. I chose Twinings Buttermint tea for my sugar scrub – it’s an aromatic blend with peppermint leaves expertly selected from Europe, Egypt and North America, combined with the rich, creamy flavour of vanilla.
I love using this sugar scrub in the evenings right before bed. The herbal tea scent is amazing, and the coconut oil moisturizes my skin while I sleep.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Wide mouth half pint mason jars
- Printable jar label – download it here
- White cardstock paper
- Decorative twine or ribbon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 2 bags of Twinings Buttermint herbal tea
A note about coconut oil: I used fractionated coconut oil in this recipe, which means that it is liquid at room temperature. You can also use regular coconut oil, just microwave for a few seconds on low power. If you enjoy making homemade scrubs and lotions, you will find yourself going through coconut oil at a pretty quick pace. I like to buy organic coconut oil in bulk at Sam’s Club or Costco – or order online with free shipping here. It’s way less expensive than buying in a smaller jar at the grocery store.
Tutorial: Lavender Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Grab a wide mouth half pint mason jar. This is important, since the recipe is tailored to fit exactly in this jar. If you want to make more, just multiply the four basic ingredients. Then you can make multiple jars or one larger jar.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugars, and contents of two tea bags. Stir to combine.
- Print the mason jar label (found here) onto white cardstock paper. Note: this label will only work on a wide mouth jar.
- Store in a jar with an airtight lid.
You just can’t go wrong with a sweet homemade gift!
Thanks again to Twinings of London for sponsoring this post!