Watch this tutorial and learn how to transform dollar store fall decor with paint and buffalo check painting. A great way to add farmhouse style on a dime!
Buffalo check, or buffalo plaid, is perfect for fall crafts and DIY projects.
Buffalo check is super trendy right now, and I’m here for all of it. It’s surprisingly easy to paint, and can make a BIG impact in your seasonal decor. I recently went on a bit of a fall decor spree at my local Dollar Tree, and I came home with a foam pumpkin and plastic leaf tray. With a bit of paint, and a bit of patience, I completely transformed them to match my style.
Now I have a cute little pumpkin and key dish near our back door. So cute!
- dollar store foam pumpkin and plastic tray
- medium and wide paint brushes
- spray primer and clear sealer
- pencil or pine-point sharpie marker
- acrylic craft paint – white, cream, copper and two shades in the same color family (like sage green and hunter green or light and dark navy)
Tutorial – Buffalo Check Painting
Just watch this video below to make your own buffalo check painting crafts:
More fall dollar store crafts I think you’ll enjoy: