Use this one curtain hanging hack, and you’ll never dread putting up curtains again. How to hang perfectly level curtain rods each and every time.
How to easily hang level curtain rods, no level or special tools required, with this one curtain hanging hack.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- your curtain hardware – see my industrial curtain rod supplies here
- a large square of cardboard
- masking tape
- pen or fine-tip marker
Tutorial: How to Hang a Perfectly Level Rod
Watch this quick video below to watch this curtain hanging hack in action:
Here’s a quick step-by-step recap of the video above:
- Cut a square corner out of a larger square of cardboard, and rest the cardboard on the top right corner of your window frame. Secure the cardboard to the wall with masking tape.
- Then, set your curtain rod mounting hardware in the appropriate spot (as long as it’s ON the cardboard). Trace the holes on the mounting hardware ONTO the cardboard.
- Drill your pilot holes THROUGH the cardboard and into the wall.
- Remove the cardboard, flip it over horizontally, and mount in on the top left window corner.
- Repeat step 3, using the holes that you already drilled as a guide.
- Now, use your pilot holes to line up and secure your hardware to the wall.
That’s it! I’ve used this method to mount curtain rods above multiple windows in our home, and it works like a charm every single time.
Here’s More DIY Home Decor Inspiration I think you’ll enjoy:
- DIY “Farmhouse Industrial” Curtain Rods
- No-Sew Drop Cloth Curtains + DIY Wooden Curtain Rod Brackets
- How to Paint Your Stairs (Without Losing Your Mind)