Whip up this button picture frame craft with just few easy supplies. This is such a fun and easy craft, and it makes a perfect Mother’s Day gift!
Let’s make a button picture frame craft with dollar store supplies.
Mother’s Day is a perfect time to get your craft on. After all, moms love a homemade gift.
I recently picked up a few packs of buttons at the dollar store, so I decided to get crafty!
This craft came together in a snap. It was seriously SO easy. Keep scrolling for the tutorial and FREE printable.
Supplies Needed to Make a Button Picture Frame:
The supply list for this craft is short, just how I like it. All you need is:
- unfinished wood frame – I bought this one for 99 cents at the craft store, but you can also buy a frame from the dollar store. I prefer using a wider frame so there is more surface area for the buttons.
- assorted buttons – these care from the Dollar Tree
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks –
- Mother’s Day printable – click the button below to download:
A note about the hot glue: I feel comfortable letting my kids use a hot glue gun – with adult supervision, of course! But if you prefer, you can use regular craft glue. You just need to allow for extra dry time. It’s your call.
How to make a button frame:
Watch this quick time-lapse frame to see how quick and easy this craft was:
Button Picture Frame
Whip up this button picture frame craft with just few easy supplies. This is such a fun and easy craft, and it makes a perfect Mother's Day gift!
- unfinished wood frame
- assorted buttons
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- printable (link in blog post)
- Lay out your picture frame and buttons to decide the pattern and spacing for the buttons.
- Apply a dot of hot glue to the back of a button. Press the button onto the frame.
- Repeat step 2 with all of the buttons, until the frame is covered. Feel free to layer the buttons to fill in any gaps.
- Remove the stock picture from the frame. Center and place it over the printable. Trace with a pen. Cut out the printable and place into the frame.
More Mother’s Day Ideas:
Skip the trip to the store. Download and print this FREE Mother’s Day card.
Grab these FREE printable Mother’s Day coloring pages. They’re in a handy PDF that you can easily print at home for the kids to color in for mom on her special day. Fun coloring sheets for mom.
Give mom (or grandma) a meaningful gift this year with one of these handmade mother’s day gifts from kids. Perfect kids crafts for Mother’s Day!
Leave a Reply