- 1 1/2 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 small apples (peeled and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together first 7 dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add apple sauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. In a small bowl, heat coconut on low power in the microwave until just melted but not hot. Slowly pour into wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just to combine. Fold in dried cranberries and apples.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, place batter on a greased cookie sheet. Gently flatten with a spatula. Bake 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.