Whip up a batch of this “Hidden Veggie” Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs – a delicious and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. They won’t even notice the extra vegetables in this tasty twist on a classic dish!
- 1 pound dry spaghetti noodles
- 24 ounce jar traditional pasta sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 26-ounce bag Cooked Perfect Italian Style Meatballs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain, don’t rinse, and pour into a 9×11 casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and zucchini for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- (optional) add veggies to pasta sauce and puree with an immersion blender.
- Heat meatballs according to package directions.
- Toss spaghetti with cooked veggies and pasta sauce. Stir in 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Nestle the meatballs into the spaghetti, evenly spaced. Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Heat in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.