Transform humble wire hangers into charming star-shaped tree decorations with these Upcycled Wire Christmas ornaments.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Christmas is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by creating your own unique decorations? In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to upcycle wire hangers into charming star-shaped Christmas ornaments.
Not only is this project eco-friendly, but it also adds a personal touch to your holiday decor.
Watch this quick video to see how this craft came together:
- 1 wire hanger
- rub-n-buff, antique gold
- faux greenery
- star template
- wire cutters
- paint brush
- Watch the video tutorial before you begin, and let that be your visual guide for this craft.
- Shape the Ornaments: Use pliers to unravel the top hook of the hanger. Snip away the coiled part.
- Make an Ornament Hook: Use pliers to make a small loop on one wire end.
- Form the Star: Use the template as your guide, and begin bending the hanger into a star shape. When finished with the star, wrap the end of the wire around the beginning and then trim off excess wire.
- Paint the Ornament: Use a paint brush to apply a coat of gold paint over all surfaces of each wire hanger.
- Embellish the Ornament: Cut a small piece of faux greenery, and attach it to the ornament top with twine. Run a piece of twine through the wire loop at the top of the star, and tie the twine into a loop for form a hanger.