Packed with fresh summer flavor and nostalgic memories, I’m sharing my grandma’s retro recipe for strawberry pie with jello. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a fresh cold pie that is sure to please.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sornstarch
- pinch of salt
- red food coloring
- 1 3-ounce package strawberry gelatin
- fresh unsweetened strawberries
- 1 baked pie shell
- whipped cream
- Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan; cook until clear.
- Remove from heat. Add red food coloring to desired color.
- Add gelatin; stir well. Cool.
- Place strawberries in baked pie shell. Pour gelatin mixture over top. Refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.