With some leftover ribbon and a hot glue gun you can create a quick and easy rainbow wreath project for party decor, kids crafts, St Patty’s Day and more. | Easy St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Craft
DIY RAINBOW WREATH
Happy Spring everybody! This is Beth from Kingston Crafts and I am celebrating the season with rainbows! I love to find new uses for supplies I already have at home, so I took a foam wreath and some leftover ribbon to bring some bright bold color in to my craft room by creating a DIY rainbow wreath.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- foam wreath (any size)
- large sharp knife
- assorted ribbon
- hot glue gun
- glue dots
- white cardstock
TUTORIAL: HOW TO MAKE A RAINBOW WREATH
- Use knife to cut foam wreath in half. Note – a craft knife is too small to give a clean cut, so be sure to use a large kitchen knife.
- Use a pen to mark off the color sections on your wreath. These are just to give you a rough idea of where to stop and start.
- Start at one end of the rainbow and hot glue your first ribbon color to the back of the foam. Don’t worry about trying to get the ribbon exactly to the edge – both ends will be hidden by the paper clouds you will be putting on at the end.
- Wrap your ribbon around the foam several times (amount will vary depending on the size of the wreath). Make sure that the ribbon overlaps itself and pull tight as you go.
- Once you get close to your first pen mark, make your last wrap around to the back of the foam and hot glue the ribbon down. Trim the excess.
- Overlap your second ribbon color on the edge of your first ribbon and adhere with hot glue.
- Repeat the steps until your rainbow is complete.
- If you’ve got a die cutting machine or large die you can easily create paper clouds with white cardstock. Don’t have a machine? You can free-hand cut a cloud or there are plenty of free images available on line that you can print out and use as a template.
- Use glue dots to adhere the clouds to the wreath.
I added a little St Patty’s Day fun to my rainbow by cutting out a “pot of gold” with my Cricut and hot gluing some Dollar Tree gold coins and the pot to one end!