- 2 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- warmed marinara or pizza sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut mozzarella sticks into 4 equal pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Half, or peel apart, each of the 16 biscuits horizontally- so you have 32 roughly equally sized pieces of dough.
- Place one piece of cheese inside a round of biscuit dough. Fold dough edges up and over cheese; pinch firmly to seal. Repeat the process until you have 32 dough balls.
- Place dough balls, seam side down, on parchment-lined cookie sheet. To form a tree shape, line 7 dough balls for the base, 6 in the row above that, and so on. Save 4 dough balls for the tree trunk.
- Brush butter and herb mixture on tops of dough balls. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
- Serve with warm marinara or pizza sauce.