- 1 8.5-ounce box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 14.5-ounce can chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder ((optional))
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, and milk. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomatoes, beans, garlic, and chili powder. Bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Pour 1/4 of the corn muffin mixture into the skillet. After 2-3 minutes, when bubbles begin to form on the top of the batter, flip the pancake. Brown on the other side.
- Serve hot, topped with chili and shredded cheddar cheese.