Last weekend, I went to a family gathering where everyone was asked to bring a salad. I’ve been wanting to toy around with a cool quinoa salad recipe, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.
I was originally inspired by a quinoa salad that I buy from the deli section at my local grocery store when I’m in a time crunch and don’t want to cook. However, with as quickly and easily as this salad came together, I don’t think I’ll be going to the deli as often anymore!
Lemon juice makes the salad bright and refreshing, and the apricots add a sweetness that make this dish addicting! Added bonus: it’s totally healthy! This is my new go-to salad-for-lunch summer recipe.
I’m linking up at these great parties!Print
- 8 ounces rainbow quinoa
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, add juice and zest of lemon, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, apricots, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 15 minutes.