This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Summer is in full swing, finally! This means that it’s time to bust out those tried-and-true summer activities. For me, it’s the time to start building traditions and making summer memories with my children. Minnesota summers are so short to begin with, you really want to slow down and cherish each moment.
For our family, a classic summer memory involves ice cream on a hot day. Whether it’s a trip to the neighborhood ice cream shoppe, or a quick cone in the backyard while we play… we LOVE our ice cream.
Today I’m sharing with you a quick and easy dipped ice cream cone “hack” that allows your family to enjoy chocolate dipped cones at home – just like they make at the ice cream shoppe. You’ll save time and money by making these cold treats at home, so you can focus on what really matters: summer memories.
Supplies for DIY Dipped Ice Cream Cones
For the classic variety, you will need the three ingredients shown above – Keebler ice cream cups, Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla, and Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping.
BUT – don’t be afraid to use your imagination. I also made cones with Double Strawberry + peanut topping as well as Pistachio Almond + almond topping. More on that in a bit.
How to Make Dipped Ice Cream Cones
(1) Scoop your ice cream onto your cone. Press firmly, because you don’t want the ice cream falling off the cone.
(2) Pour your Magic Shell topping into a small bowl. Then dip the ice cream straight into the topping.
(3) Rotate your wrist so that the ice cream does a 360-turn in the fudge topping. You want complete coverage!
(4) Lift the cone straight up out of the bowl. Watch out for any drips! In just a few seconds, your fudge topping will harden into a chocolatey shell.
(5) OPTIONAL: before the chocolate topping hardens, dip the top of the cone in a favorite topping. My two personal favorites are: Double Strawberry + peanut topping as well as Pistachio Almond + almond topping. We aren’t even going to talk about how much pistachio ice cream I ate this weekend… It’s just embarrassing.